Cathy O’Dowd was the first woman to summit Mt. Everest, and she’s done it from both sides. But that’s not what she’s most excited about in her life. There are more difficult summits. She loves skiing. And she never thought she’d do what she’s doing: She’s propelled her love of mountaineering into a motivational speaking business and business consultancy. We talk about confidence, making teams work and knowing when to quit.
• Learn what you’re good at
• Know when it’s time to give up
• Learn what you don’t like to do
• Your mountaintop success won’t necessarily follow you the rest of your life
• Recognize when you’re not on the right mountain