“Human beings come into the world with a passion for control,” writes Dan Gilbert in Stumbling on Happiness. “They go out of the world the same way, and research suggests that if they lose their ability to control things at any point between their entrance and their exit, they become unhappy, helpless, hopeless and depressed” (p. 22).
What would happen if you decided to let go of some of that control? Could you do it?
• Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
• 10x Rule by Grant Cardone
• “The Millionaire”
• Publishers Clearing House
• Our discussion with Nick Jankel
• Our discussion with Cathy O’Dowd
• Our episode on responding vs. reacting