Cathy O’Dowd was the first woman to summit Mt. Everest, and she’s done it from both sides. But that’s not what she’s most excited about in her life. There are more difficult summits. She loves skiing. And she never thought she’d do what she’s doing: She’s propelled her love of mountaineering into a motivational speaking business and business consultancy. We talk about confidence, making teams work and knowing when to quit.
• Learn what you’re good at
• Know when it’s time to give up
• Learn what you don’t like to do
• Your mountaintop success won’t necessarily follow you the rest of your life
• Recognize when you’re not on the right mountain
When he was 40, Brad Zupp started to notice that he’d walk into a room and forget why he went there. He figured there must be a way to improve his memory. And wow does this guy have a memory on him! This is a wide-ranging conversation. Tune in and enjoy!
• 3 steps to remembering information
• Review the important pieces from your day
• Sleep and exercise
Ari Meisel worked a bunch of jobs until he was 23, when he was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, a chronic illness that really put a damper on a busy work life, a new relationship with the woman who would become his life, and even just day-to-day living. After a bunch of hospitalizations over the next couple of years, Ari started to take control of his health — and the rest of his life. He now works with entrepreneurs and companies to help optimize, automate and outsource appropriate parts of their businesses.
To get a free blueprint to reach Inbox Zero, email email@example.com and mention you heard Ari on the JKWD Podcast.
• What would you do if you could only work one hour a day?
• You can’t hustle and innovate at the same time
• Learn how to build a good team
• There’s no point in living if you don’t feel alive
WOW! We talk to Bri Seeley about a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. This episode is so packed with emotion and information you’re going to want to listen a few times. Oh, and this one earns its explicit rating, so, umm, ear muffs if you’ve got kids in the car, k?
• You have the power to do what you want and need
• Why today is always divinely perfect
• How to use anger for good
• Get your ego out of the way
Our conversation inspired me more than you know. I will have so much more coming out in the next few weeks about what sparked in me during our convo…. but for today, I did this: https://t.co/ILAnffw1Rh#entrepreneurlife